Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Christopher Kane A/W/10/11

er, Mixed reports concerning Kanes new collection. I normally like his stuff, but this, this found a little.....something. I don't like the PVC in it. which is odd because I LOVE pvc normally. I think it cheapens the look. Also the Irish dancing style shoes look awful. I think the flowers look a little cheap 90's as well.
this was my fave look from the collection. I think it's really cute. then you have those god awful shoes again. I love the lace part of the dress
This I like up until the waist down. the shoes again are crap but the lace panel descending from the leather piece looks terrible. out of place and kind of limp.
This I do like as well. I love the shape and the leathery fabric. However I think the flower pattern ruins it. I would wear it up  until that. combined with the shoes it makes it look a bit irish dancing for me.

this is sooooo Irish dancing. but I do like the arms. It's almost a cape effect.
cute coat. bad shoes. end of.

I feel bad dissing this collection. not just because Mr Kane has had a few things to say about bloggers in general. But because I normally like his stuff. His animal prints are really really cool. However this I find a nightmare and a bit cheap looking. He has produced better. While leather and PVC are difficult to work with and it comes across in this collection he could have left off the flower pattern which is what cheapens the look. even the shoes wouldn't be so bad without that pattern.
All I can take from this is that leather and lace is back for A/W big time. In fact slicing panels of different fabrics together was a theme at Wang as well this A/W. So it looks like we will be mixing our textures for next season. and who knows, i'd love to be wrong about this collection. I hope Vogue or some other stylist can put it together in a way that doesn't make me feel a little sick in my mouth.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar