Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Eminem Speaks On 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2'

I am a big Eminem fan, and for years, me and a friend of mine would argue which of his albums was the best. I always believed it was 'The Marshall Mathers LP' (2000), and my friend believed it was 'The Eminem Show' (2002). I still believe it is 'The Marshall Mathers LP', and so does Eminem. That is why he decided to make a sequel to the album. My prayer is that he comes to close to what he made with the first one. Right now, with the three singles I have heard (Survival, Berzerk, and Rap god), I don't know what to think.


In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Eminem details how hard he has had to work on this album.



"Right now, I'm probably working harder than I've ever worked in my life. Aside from around the time of The Eminem Show, when I was also doing the 8 Mile movie and soundtrack and score and sh*t like that. This is probably the equivalent of that, but all focused on the record. Calling it The Marshall Mathers LP 2, obviously I knew that there might be certain expectations. I wouldn't want to call it that just for the sake of calling it that. I had to make sure that I had the right songs - and just when you think you got it, you listen and you're like, 'F*ck, man! I feel like it needs this or that,' to paint the whole picture." (Rolling Stone)


The album is due out on November 5th...that is about 2 weeks from now. I'm guessing it will leak any moment from now, and the Internet world can get a feel of the entire album before it hits shelves worldwide. There is no debate whether or not it will sell. Eminem is in a lane of his own when it comes to album sales, and even if he farted on a record, he would still sell. What I am concerned about is the quality of the album. Being a fan (and staying a fan) since when he hit the scene in 1999, I know what he is capable of doing, I am just hoping he doesn't disappoint me. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar