Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Will Smith Says He Was Initially Skeptical About Taking Genie Role in Aladdin Movie

Superstar rapper/actor, Will Smith plays the role of the Genie in the remake of classic disney movie, Aladdin (2019). In his recent interview on The Ellen Show, he said he initially didn't want to take the role, because he felt Robin Williams did a great job as the voice of the Genie in the original version (1992), and didn't want to touch it. But he said after getting into the musical aspect of the movie, he changed his mind.



Read his words below...

Image result for will smith interview on ellen, 2019"So they called, and they said, 'hey, we want you to play the genie. We're doing a live action version of Aladdin.' And I was like, 'nah men!' No, Robin Williams like smashed that thing. You know, and it's like, you have to be careful stepping into you know projects like that...Robin, you know, he really smashed this role. He revolutionized you know, what you could do in these kinds of movies. So I listening and listening, and I was like I just didn't think I wanted to touch it. And then I started playing with the music, and the music is where I found my in to the genie. Friend Like me was the first song that I messed with in the studio, and then I found that sort of Hip Hop flavor that was sort of...what Robin did was he took his stand-up (comedy) persona, and used his stand-up persona. And I was like, 'oh, I could just use my sort of Fresh Prince persona, and use that, cos the genie's been forward and back in time, so you could pull references from anywhere. So I mirrored that, and the Hip Hop in was where I saw I could put my own signature while maintaining the nostalgic value."



You can watch the full interview below...he talks about the genie role around the 12 minute mark.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar